For the Barbeque Sauce
1.Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat, and cook and stir the scallions for about 5 minutes or until soft and fragrant. Pour in the wine, and cook until reduced by about 1/2.
2.Mix the ketchup, soy sauce, mustard, and brown sugar into the saucepan with the wine. Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes, until thickened and well blended. Remove from heat, and mix in the parsley.
For the Rub
1. whisk together 2 tbsp of brown sugar, with 2 tsp of salt, black pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, mexican oregano and 1 tsp of cumin in a small bowl.
For the Ribs, Make sure to ask for the membrane removed, this will lead to a better texture
1. Pre-Heat your oven to 325 degrees
2. line a 9x13 glass baking dish with aluminum foil, and rub your ribs with your rub you made earlier.
3. Place ribs in pan and fill pan with about 1/4 in of chicken stock and cover with more foil.
4. Bake for about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 min depending on the amount of meat on your ribs,
5. After your hour is up remove foil and increase your temperature to 375 degrees and bake for another 15 minutes.
6. After your 15 minures is up, cover the ribs in the sauce you made earlier and broil on high until sauce is bubbling, this should not take longer than 3 minutes.
7. Serve with more sauce on the side.
Wine, Recipes, Events, and all the latest from Bumgarner